Wednesday 22 April 2015

I'm Back!

     So, this is my fourth attempt at blogging! I've been doing a lot of soul-searching lately, and I've come to realise that I've really, really missed writing. I've absolutely loved writing, ever since I was little - I'd always be hurriedly jotting down story ideas or scribbling my opinions about things on our old family computer if I had a spare five minutes.

     When I first started blogging a year ago, I really loved what I was doing, but I didn't realise that I was writing for other people, not myself. I've always felt the massive need to fit in, so naturally when I started blogging it was all about the latest fashion trends and biggest western beauty fads.

     That's just not me; it never has been! I've always had a fascination with asian culture - starting out with Japan and most recently South Korea - so why haven't I been focusing on that?! Looking back on it, it seems silly that I spent so much time trying to be someone else (haven't we all been there anyway?), and trying to please the masses.

     It was one of my favourite bloggers, Helen (Loves and Loathes), that made me realise that I'm allowed to like asian culture and still be a blogger. Another blogger that I completely love is Nicole (The Beauty Maniac In Tokyo), she's inspired me so much to follow my dreams. She's a Japanese woman, who also dabbles in a lot of Western brands and ideas - and I've aquired a lot of style ideas from her! It sounds so silly, but I've always been in the mind that you can have one or the other. It never occured  to me that I can like more than one thing.

     Now don't think what you're thinking, I know its totally stupid - of course you can like multiple things! Blah, blah. But you've got to realise, that I've always been SO conflicted, I've never known just who I am, so this is a really big thing for me. But now I've waffled way more than I wanted to...

     Anywhoo - this is my little introductory post to say that I'm back! Hope you've all been well my lovelies.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment