Thursday 23 April 2015

Black, to Blonde, and Back!

     If any of you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that about two months ago, I went from black hair to a nice dark blonde in three days.

     At home.

     With peroxide.

From this

     I know, I know! Don't shoot me - I know that what I did to my hair was ridiculous and damaging. I'm not by any means going to be like "Oh, you should do this if you want lighter hair quick!". You shouldn't follow my example. But anyway, this is how I went from black hair to dark blonde hair in three days.

     The first thing I did was to make sure that I was bleaching two-day-old hair. That way, my hair had some built up oil to help protect it (even if it was only a little bit). The bleach I used was called Garnier Nutrisse Truly Blonde Ultimate Lightener D+++ (try saying that five times fast), and I had to use two boxes on my mid-length, thicker than the New Forest, black hair. Two boxes weren't actually enough after all, but I hadn't bought any more so I was stuck with a huuuuuge black patch on the left side of my head until the next day, when my saviour bought me some more! After all the bleaching, my hair turned out kind of orangey toned, but a copable dark blonde. Anywhoo, I had blonde hair so I was happy!

     So the third day, I attempted to dye over my bleached hair with the Nice 'N' Easy #7 Natural Cool Dark Blonde. It came out quite well, it was pretty much the colour I wanted, but it was still quite brassy. Not as dry as you'd expect though, but I'll get to that in a minute.

To this! 
     To keep my hair from turning the colour of an old doorknob, I religiously used Touch Of Silver Silver Shine Shampoo Weekly Treatment every single time I washed my hair. I used my trusty Aussie Mega Shampoo for the first lather to avoid build-up, and the treatment for the second.


     After the treatment, I used the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor and left it on for 5-10 minutes - that was absolutely vital in order for my hair not to shrivel up and die. I owe my life to Aussie. I'm not being melodramatic. Honest.

     But as the title of this post suggests, yes I am back to my dark brown. I'm a creature of habit, and while the blonde was nice for a while, I really really missed my dark hair! I got my hair cut on Monday as a birthday treat too, so now my hair is back to its lovely old self.

     Have you got any hair horror stories, or tried going from dark to light hair?

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment